If you are in Taunton or the surrounding area and wish to make a Will, or you just want to update a previous Will, then we are here to help
To make a Will call us on 01823 354545 or send an email to email@example.com to get the ball rolling.
Please be aware that many of the companies offering this service on the internet are not solicitors and are not local. They may offer cut-price rates, but you could be dealing with someone who is untrained, unqualified, uninsured and unregulated.
It’s very easy to put off making a Will. But if you don’t make one (or you fail to update an old one) then it can cause serious problems for your loved ones.
A Will enables you to make financial provision for those closest to you, appoint guardians for young children, minimise the impact of Inheritance Tax and preserve your hard earned assets from the threat of care home fees.
Making or updating a Will has never been easier, so there is really no excuse not to get it done.
We are local solicitors who offer a specialist Will making service for people living in Taunton and the surrounding areas in Somerset.
Our offices are conveniently situated on the Bindon Road business park not far from Staplegrove Road and Taunton School.There is ample parking and you can pop in to see us at a time that is most convenient to you.
If you haven’t previously made a Will and are unsure about what is involved then we will talk you through the process and answer any questions. We can also offer guidance and suggestions about how to achieve the outcomes you desire in relation to:
- Gifts of money and personal items;
- Ownership of property;
- Charitable legacies;
- Burial instructions;
- Arrangements for children;
- Minimising Inheritance Tax;
- Creating a Trust; and
- Creating a life interest.
Prices start at £160 plus VAT for a straightforward Will* or £260 plus VAT for a pair of straightforward ‘mirror’ wills.
We offer a 10% discount when you also instruct us to prepare a Lasting Power of Attorney at the same time.
To get the ball rolling give us a call on 01823 354545 or alternatively drop us an email with a rough idea of what you want to include in your Will and we shall get straight back to you.
- A ‘straightforward will’ is one that has limited testamentary dispositions, does not create a trust and does not require tax planning advice. Such Wills are typified by a husband and wife (or unmarried partners) leaving their estates to each other, with a substitution clause to cover the possibility of the beneficiary pre-deceasing, often in favour of children. We will be happy to provide you with a fee estimate for creating a more complex Wills in accordance with your own requirements should you wish.